We are looking for an experienced Java developer to join our clients team!
Project duration: long-term
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 40h/week
As a software developer bringing several years of experience, you’ll be a member of a highly focussed team with an exceptionally broad responsibility, so great communication skills and an ability to work as part of a team are a must. You’ll possess a significant proportion of the following skill set.
• Strong proficiency in Java
• Robust knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, MongoDB
• Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
• Great communication skills coupled with the ability to work closely with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
• A proponent of strong software engineering techniques and agile methods: continuous integration, code review, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches.
• Proficient working on both Linux and Windows platforms.
• An understanding of financial markets: either from a keen interest or prior experience
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Experience with FIX a significant advantage.
• Python knowledge.
• Experience of front office software and/or trading systems development e.g. in a hedge fund or investment bank.
• Expertise in designing and building distributed systems with service-based or event-driven architectures, and concurrent processing.
• Knowledge of tools like – Git, Jenkins, Docker, etc.
• Experience of web-based development (TypeScript).
• Relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, asset pricing, time-series analysis optimization algorithms.
• Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university
• Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others
• Demonstrable passion for technology e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement
• Intellectually robust with an analytic approach to problem solving
• Self-organised with the ability to effectively manage time across multiple projects and with competing business demands and priorities
• Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
• Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business people alike
• Confident communicator: able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views.